Construction Law for Design Professionals Construction Managers and Contractors 1st Edition Sweet Overview
Construction Law for Design Professionals Construction Managers and Contractors 1st Edition Sweet is a condensed – and completely revamped – version of the bestselling authority on engineering law, Legal aspect of architecture,engingeering and the construction process (now in its 9th edition) by Justin Sweet and Marc M. Schneier. For this new book, the authors have directed the text at engineering, architecture and construction management students. Given the authors’ long and deep understanding of the intersection between the law and the construction industry, professors and students can trust this text is unparalleled. The addition of Blake Wentz to the author team emphasizes the commitment to the field. (Source: www.cengage.com)
Follow the links below:
25 Safety Signs and Signals in Construction You Need-To-Know
The Essential Information of HAVS You should Know
What Should You Do When Your CSCS Card Expiry Approaches?
Protect Eyes and Ears on the Construction Site You Need to Know
Justin Sweet is the John H. Boalt Professor of Law, Emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley. Born and raised in Wisconsin, he attended the University of Wisconsin, where he received a B.A., phi beta kappa, in literature in 1951 and an LL.B. in 1953. He was note editor for the “Law Review” and Order of the Coif. After serving on the staff of the attorney general of Wisconsin, he was in the Judge-Advocate General’s Corps and later practiced in Milwaukee. He joined the Boalt faculty in 1958, where he taught Contracts, Construction Law, and Insurance until the early 1990s. Sweet was a visiting professor at the University of Rome (as a Fulbright Lecturer), Hebrew University, University of Leuven in Belgium, Osgoode Hall in Canada, Tel-Aviv University, and the University of Fribourg. He has written articles in many legal journals, many of which were collected in Sweet, Anthology of Construction Law Writings by the American Bar Association in 2010. He also wrote Sweet on Construction Law for the American Bar Association in 1997. Beginning in 2010, he has been writing on historic cases in each issue of the Journal of Legal Affairs & Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction. He was the co-founder and director of the International Construction Conference. It met in Fribourg, Switzerland, Berkeley, California and Washington D.C. (Source: www.cengage.com)
Table of Contents:
Part I: A LEGAL FRAMEWORK OF THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PROCESS.
1. American Legal System.
2. Forms of Business Association and Employment.
3. Contracts: From Formation to Breach.
4. Remedies for Contract Breach: Focus on Construction Disputes.
5. Torts: Legal Relations Not Arising from Contract.
6. Regulation of Land and the Construction Process.
Part II: THE MAIN ACTORS: THE OWNER, PRIME CONTRACTOR AND DESIGN PROFESSIONAL.
7. The Project Participants: Focus on the Owner, Prime Contractor and Construction Manager.
8. Licensing of the Design Professional, Contractor and Construction Manager.
9. The Design Professional-Client Relationship.
10. Professional Design Services: The Sensitive Client Issues and Copyright.
11. Design Professional Liability.
12. Defenses to Claims of Design Professional Liability.
13. Professional Ethics.
Part III: PROJECT DELIVERY METHODS.
14. Project Organization, Pricing, and Delivery Methods.
15. Public Contracts.
16. Performance Disputes Overview: Claims and Defenses to Liability for the Owner and Prime Contractor.
17. Contractor Payment and Project Completion.
18. Changes: Complex Construction Centerpiece.
19. Subsurface Problems: Predictable Uncertainty.
20. Time: Project Scheduling and Delay Claims.
21. The Subcontracting Process: An “Achilles Heel”.
22. Terminating a Construction Contract: Sometimes Necessary but Always Costly.
23. Shifting Losses: Contribution and Indemnity.
25. Surety Bonds: Backstopping Contractors.
26. Claims and Disputes: Emphasis on Arbitration.
Appendix A: General Conditions: AIA A201-2007.
Appendix B: General Condition, EJCDC Doc. C-700 (2007).
Appendix C: Owner/Architect Agreement: American Institute of Architects (AIA) B101-2007.
Appendix D: Owner/Contractor Agreement: AIA A101-2007.
Appendix E: Bonds: AIA B312-2010.
Appendix F: Owner/Engineer Agreement, EJCDC Doc. E-500 .
Appendix G: Owner/Contractor Agreement, EJCDC Doc. C-520 (2007).
Practice more here:
50 Full Efficiently Free Online CSCS Mock Test Questions
Practice expeditiously Fully Another 50 Useful Free Online CSCS Mock Test
8 Helpful Free Online CSCS Mock Test Questions for CITB Behavioural Case Study
40 Free Online Working At Height CSCS Mock Test Questions
30 Free Online Practice CSCS Mock Test Questions for Fire Extinguisher Safety
128 General Free Online CSCS Mock Test Questions
In fact, there are many companies of requirement that need expertise and qualifications to ensure proficiency and knowledge from each employee in their working. Due to any areas, to get a good job that you also need necessary skills for your working of requirements. If you are worrying your career in the future or you are looking forward a good job in construction site, you need pass the Cscs exam to obtain Cscs certificate. In this article, Cscsexam wants to recommend to your exam a good material about Construction Law for Design Professionals Construction Managers and Contractors 1st Edition Sweet and a lot of cscs exam tips, you can consider for your exam preparation in order to improve effectively for your real exam. Moreover, enjoy test bank to practice more with 128 General Free Online CSCS Mock Test Questions, which focus on general construction issues to help you have an overview of construction site, you need answer the requirement of each question, and then check out your practice exam by hitting the submit button. Don’t worry if you cannot answer correctly at the first time, you can try again to memorize information in this test samples. Now, discover 100% free Cscs mock test exam questions to pass successfully the real exam and get surly a good job. One top of that, leave a comment if you need support from Cscsexam. Good luck!